Job Title: Managing Editor, Mediablaze Group
Group Location: London, UK
Reporting To: Editorial Director
Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
Working as part of a vibrant young content agency, you will be responsible for launching, producing, commissioning work for, and editing websites for leading global brands in the financial services and wider B2B sector.. Reporting to the Editorial Director, you will also be responsible for executing content strategies for brands and delivering those strategies – along with editorial content – with a combination of your own editorial skills and by marshalling a team of experienced freelancers. You will also play a key role in new client and project pitches, applying your creative skills to client needs and wants.
You will be an experienced, gifted editor who loves the written word, is social media savvy, and have a desire to see your work across a variety of platforms in order to increase brand engagement.
- Work closely with the Editorial Director to ensure delivery of content targets for all editorial clients.
- Working with the wider team, ensure all Mediablaze and client properties are delivering quality editorial.
- Help manage contributors, commissioning pieces of various types of content and editing/sub-editing copy to fit with brand strategy and tone of voice.
- Help your team to Identify and recruit new contributors based on content objectives.
- Work with the in-house editorial, creative and development teams to deliver compelling content across a variety of platforms.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to implement brand strategy and pitch/new business ideas.
- Accommodate the demands of client marketing and PR teams, often while working with a network of existing agencies – SEO, Creative and PR.
Client Onboarding & Advocacy
- Attend discovery and insight sessions with clients to understand their objectives within the content marketing space and evaluate existing structures, workflow’s, governance and capabilities.
- Help run content strategy workshops with clients to ensure there is a seamless transition and a well executed on boarding process to the agency.
- Advise on strategic elements of existing and new content marketing programs for clients, ensuring they are set up for long term success.
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel and consultancy for Mediablaze’s key clients.
- 5+ years senior editorial experience in the financial services sector.
- A large network of client contacts across the B2B industry.
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- A clear understanding of how great content can drive commercial objectives for B2B and B2C financial services clients.
- In-depth understanding of social media and how it fits into the digital mix.
- Bags of energy and dedication with a desire to make a real difference for clients.
- Commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- An understanding of SEO and applying it to day-to-day writing
- Knowledge of internet metrics
- Basic practical knowledge of image editing
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A network of US & European freelance contacts (desirable, but not essential)