Job title: Managing Editor, Financial Services
Group location: Frankfurt, Germany
Core function: Content management & creation
Reporting to: Editorial Director
Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
Working on-site at our client’s headquarters you will be responsible for launching, producing, commissioning work for, and editing websites for a leading global brand in the financial services sector. You will also be responsible for executing content strategies – with a combination of your own editorial skills and by marshalling a team of experienced freelancers and internal content creators.
You will be an experienced, gifted editor who loves the written word, is social media savvy, and has a desire to see your work across a variety of platforms in order to increase brand engagement.
The purpose of this role is to own and be the final gatekeeper for the delivery of quality content produced by the German-language content team. The role will own the delivery to tight deadlines of content that meets all style and tone of voice guidelines, and all legal, regulatory and technical requirements.
In addition to editing content, you’ll be able to consummately translate from English when the need arises and improve language structures that do not translate well into German in their original form.
You will need to be able to manage stakeholders with diplomacy while pushing your agenda to create the best, most intuitive and consistent content experience for users.
- Ensure that all content is created to exceptionally high standards for the German market, signed-off by stakeholders and delivered to deadline.
- Ensure consistency of language and terminology across channels including all digital channels and customer services.
- Build and own the German-language style guide and tone of voice guidelines, based on client corporate guidelines and content strategy.
- Deliver a consistent, user-centric content experience in German across multiple work streams.
- Review and editing of translations from content originally created in English and if the need arises be ready to translate and even create content.
- Help manage contributors, commissioning pieces of various types of content and editing/sub-editing copy to fit with brand strategy and tone of voice.
- Work with the in-house editorial, creative and development teams to deliver compelling content across a variety of platforms.
- Work closely with digital design/UX teams to ensure that content is always tuned to the needs of the user, the task the user is trying to complete, and the mind-set the user is in while completing that task.
Stakeholder Management & Advocacy
- Champion the role of content across the client organisation to provide usercentric, online communications that meet business and user objectives.
- Coordinate the governance and approval process of all content.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and voices across the client organisation – from customer services to compliance – and balance competing demands to achieve the best outcomes.
- Attend discovery and insight sessions with clients to understand their objectives within the content marketing space and evaluate existing structures, workflow’s, governance and capabilities.
- Help run content strategy workshops with clients to ensure there is a seamless transition and a well executed on boarding process to the agency.
- Advise on strategic elements of existing and new content marketing programs for clients, ensuring they are set up for long term success.
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel and consultancy for our key clients.
- Senior editorial experience writing and editing content for the German market preferably in the financial services sector.
- Fluency in English and the ability to capture the nuances of meaning.
- Experience translating between German and English is highly desirable.
- Experience working with online content and the particular requirements of online content, including search engine optimisation.
- Experience writing for various personas and in a variety of styles, and an understanding of the particular content needs of different personas.
- Working with user experience and design teams.
- Experience managing multiple senior stakeholders in large organisations, and resolving differences of opinion to bring everybody to a common understanding and agreement.
- Experience of setting content KPIs and analysing performance.
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- In-depth understanding of social media and how it fits into the digital mix.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and thoroughly to prioritise and complete tasks under multiple deadlines.
- Bags of energy and dedication with a desire to make a real difference.
- Commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]