Group location: Waterloo, London
Core function: Client account management
Reporting to: Managing Director
As a senior member of the account team you will be responsible for a number of key accounts and have a thorough understanding of the assigned clients and their business. Managing and coordinating their allocated projects, taking an active role in all disciplines from planning to completion is a key feature of this role and you will be someone who has experience working across a multitude of disciplines and delivery dates. You must have the ability to present the agency and our strategic vision to clients and have certain gravitas managing up across all client stakeholders from Global Marketing Directors to Social Media Managers.
Part of your role will also be to build and develop relationships with new and existing clients with the target to drive and deliver new business. Additionally taking a key role and responsibility in the financial running of the clients is key to ensure we stay on budget and time.
As Account Director you will provide strategic leadership across the whole group and you’ll be passionate about driving client service excellence and delivering the best work possible.
The day to day responsibilities of the Account Director will be focused on the following areas of activity:
- Receiving and managing key client briefs to ensure the optimisation of their budget; taking immediate responsibility, in conjunction with other members of the account team
- Negotiating cost estimates & proposals to ensure that all projects and contracts are priced to generate a good profit for the agency, as well as forecasting revenues and agency costs
- Run and manage client presentations and pitches as necessary
- Responsible for P&L and contract creation (under supervision from Managing Director) with new and existing clients
- Strategic thinking across all projects and lead team meetings and client sessions presenting creative and publishing material
- Relationships between internal teams and key client stakeholders will need to be managed seamlessly, always ensuring client expectations are realistic and therefore met by the Mediablaze team
- Generate new business opportunities within your key clients; always seeking new revenue streams through utilising your existing industry relationships and your understanding of marketing trends
- Work with a diverse range of clients, building relationships with key personnel to understand their needs and help them realise the translation of these requirements to the content marketing space – ensuring Mediablaze is always font of mind
- Work alongside client’s other agencies to develop and deliver through-the-line campaigns.
Key Client Cover
The Account Director will be responsible for the management of the following account areas with support from the Account Manager:
Strategy, management and global content production for a major cosmetic house’s digital content to drive brand awareness in search, particularly mobile-first, for a millennial audience that currently has a limited relationship with the brand.
Additionally the Account Director oversees the other two other accounts for the same brand on social media. The Account Manager will manage the day to day activity on the account but it is crucial the Account Director supports where necessary and is familiar with day-to-day activity.
The client also wants to produce video content. It will be up to the Account Director to drive this conversation and manage and run this element should any pitch work be successful. Production experience is preferred but not essential.
*Further details available on interview
Mediablaze are responsible for the strategy, management, content creation and community management for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Mediablaze also works with an inter-agency team to deliver through the line campaigns for the brand and managing this relationship and meeting output will be a key part of this role.
It is the role of the Account Director to drive new business through campaign activations, focussing on our channels but also looking beyond these to other social channel activations including Pinterest and YouTube. We can also use our dev team to help pitch and deliver digital projects.
Active role on account:
Oversee day to day delivery managed by Account Manager.
Drive new business development.
*Further details available on interview
Pitching and new business development:
Outside of managing the key aforementioned accounts it will be expected that the AD will drive new business through the following avenues:
- striving to secure additional revenue from existing clients
- manage and run pitch processes as instructed by wider team
- work with Managing Director to approach existing contacts / leads
- An understanding of business and client strategy.
- Experience delivering content and social campaigns
- Digital native
- A desire to work in a close knit, highly successful team with clear accountability.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Bags of energy and dedication.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team and manage Account Manager.
- Commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years experience within an agency.
- Have strong business skills with the ability to write and speak effectively, demonstrating leadership experience, a capacity for statistical analysis, and developed organizational skills.
- Sociable and personable, the candidate will need to develop strong relationships with the Mediablaze team and clients alike.
- Strategic thinking across all projects, solving problems and executing strategies effectively.
We offer 25 days of holiday per year. The office is usually closed during the Christmas period, this time will be taken from your holiday allocation. This will be pro rata pending length contract.
Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30. However, the nature of the job requires a degree of flexibility, with the possibility of some evening and weekend work. While we endeavour to be fair and reward hard work, we expect that these additional hours will be worked without any further remuneration.
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
- Company bonus incentive & away weekend
- Free beer and cider post-4pm every day (plus G&Ts & Prosecco on Fridays)
- Monthly social events
- 5pm finish on a Friday for staff Drink ’n’ Learn presentations
- Extra day off on your birthday
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]
A group of like-minded editors, journalists, publishers and digital specialists, dedicated to creating brand experiences that deliver an ongoing connection with consumers
We are experts in the art of digital storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or an ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide digital and content marketing specialists.
We were founded in London, 2010 by a group of editors, publishers and digital evangelists who saw that technology was reshaping the way that people relate to brands.
Since then we’ve developed successful digital platforms and content strategies for some of the world’s largest organisations, all the while dedicating ourselves to giving brands not just a voice, but also compelling and relevant things to say. Every day. We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting, challenging way we can think of spending our time.