Group location: Waterloo, London
Core function: Content management & creation
Reporting to: Social Lead/Editorial Director
The Social Editor Role
As Social Editor, you will be responsible for the social media output of a number of clients. Primarily you will focus on automotive content, but this will likely broaden into other areas over time.
Reporting in to the Group Editorial Director and Social Lead, you will play a key role in client and creative meetings, receiving briefs and ensuring that creative output delivers against these.
The successful applicant will have a passion for the automotive sector and will have spent 2-3 years as a community manager or similar working with a premium automotive brand.
You will have a strong grasp of social media content creation, will know what works and what doesn’t on each social media platform, and will have a knack of writing pithy, engaging captions with a keen eye on brand tone of voice.
Familiar with a variety of social media tools, the social editor will have a grasp of promotional tactics and will use their platform knowledge to plan content that takes full advantage of the variety of ad and timeline formats available.
In addition to social media management skills, the successful applicant will ideally have experience of commissioning long-form content. This is a desirable attribute but we will not discount applicants who lack experience of this.
- Planning monthly social content based on client briefs
- Leading the editorial voice of the brand both within post copy and TOV within community management
- Work closely with the community manager to ensure brand TOV is adhered to and that creative is of a high standard and marries perfectly with its related copy.
- Attend client meetings and briefings and be a key point of contact for the client on a day-to-day basis.
- Briefing and directing the creative team on monthly content with an instinctive knack of wringing the last bit of creativity from each brief.
- Overseeing written and creative output across all social channels and development of creative content for all social media clients
- Challenging the social strategy and keeping abreast of happenings within the industry/competition
- Overseeing the creation of weekly ICYMI client emailers, detailing industry news
- Training, managing and overseeing the quality of community manager’s work
- Developing and evolving the Mediablaze’s own social media strategy.
- New business support. Oversight on community manager who will ensure that Mediablaze’s social and blog channels support the agency’s new business aspirations.
- Strategic input where necessary, with particular focus on the social media elements of new briefs and strategy development work.
- Working with the insights manager to evaluate our current strategies and suggest improvements where required.
- Developing a good knowledge of promotional tactics and methods (in consultation with the insights manager) to ensure the agency has strength in depth in terms of these skills.
- Staying abreast of all new technology platforms and formats and suggesting possible use cases for existing and prospective clients.
- Engage in competitor research both with reference to existing clients and new business approaches.
- Strong copywriting skills – an instinctive ability to condense a story into taut, energetic, engaging captions
- 3-5 years experience of working in content/social media for an automotive brand
- Experience with a variety of social publishing and analytic platforms
- A love of, and passion for, the automotive sector
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of client meetings
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Long-form copy commissioning experience is desirable
- Solid Adobe Photoshop skills are a plus, but not essential (but a knowledge of its limitations and a realistic view of the time it takes to manipulate imagery is)
Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30. However, the nature of the job requires a degree of flexibility, with the possibility of some evening and weekend work. While we endeavour to be fair and reward hard work, we expect that these additional hours will be worked without any further remuneration.
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
- Company bonus incentive & away weekend
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free beer and cider post-4pm every day (plus G&Ts & Prosecco on Fridays)
- Monthly social events
- 5pm finish on a Friday for staff Drink ’n’ Learn presentations
- Extra day off on your birthday
- 25 days holiday (3 to be taken over the xmas period) Additional day added for every year of service up to 28 days
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]
Mediablaze is the content marketing agency for the social age. We are experts in the art of storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide content specialists.
We were founded in 2010 by a group of editors, journalists and publishers who saw that social media is reshaping the way that people relate to brands. And for over four years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to giving those brands a consistent tone of voice – as well as something interesting and relevant to say. Every day.
We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting, challenging way we can think of spending our time.