Job Title: Community Manager, Mediablaze
Group Location: London, UK
Reporting To: Social Media Manager, UK
Salary: £22k-25k p/a, based on experience
Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Community Manager to run the social accounts for various clients, primarily across beauty and automotive currently. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated, driven and outgoing individual with a passion for social media and marketing.
We’re a growing business with exciting plans and a bright future. If working amongst a great team, in a relaxed but hard-working environment sounds exciting to you, then we’ll be excited to meet you.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Community Manager will vary, however you will be working across a number of automotive, technology and lifestyle clients. They include:
- Running the social accounts for various (global) clients, primarily automotive and beauty
- Actively responding to and interacting with customers on all channels on a daily basis
- Understanding and maintaining brands’ tone of voices at all times
- Scheduling monthly content calendars with copy/images written and approved by social media manager
- Owning and running Mediablaze’s social media channels
- Creating weekly ICYMI sector emails for clients
- Actively sourcing influencers and maintaining our influencer database – we expect you to tell us who the next Doug the Pug is
- Assisting the social media manager and the rest of the content team when needed
- Keeping on top of social media trends – from “The floor is lava” to squiggly eyebrows
- Participating in some administrative duties
- A strong affinity for social media and marketing
- A fast and keen learner
- Strong communicator and writer
- 0-2 years marketing/social media experience
- Previous experience working across popular social media platforms
- Previous experience in social media management / reporting tools is desirable
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Passionate about social media with a “can do” attitude
- Open to working in a fast-paced and ever -changing environment
- Able to multitask and juggle multiple client needs
- Must be comfortable interacting with people at all levels across the business
Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30. However, the nature of the job requires a degree of flexibility, with the possibility of some evening and weekend work. While we endeavour to be fair and reward hard work, we expect that these additional hours will be worked without any further remuneration.
What you’ll get:
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
- Company bonus incentive & away weekend
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Mediablaze supplies breakfast every morning
- Monthly “Thirsty Thursdays” (office drinks)
- 4:30pm finish on a Friday for staff drink n learn presentations
- Extra day off on your birthday
- 25 days holiday (3 to be taken over the Xmas period) Additional day added for every year of service up to 28 days
Mediablaze is the content marketing agency for the social age. We are experts in the art of storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide content specialists.
We were founded in 2010 by a group of editors, journalists and publishers who saw that social media was reshaping the way that people relate to brands. And for over seven years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to giving those brands a consistent tone of voice – as well as something interesting and relevant to say. Every day.
We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting, challenging way we can think of spending our time.
Think you have what it takes? Send your CV to [email protected] and tell us why you think you’re right for the role.