- Job Title: Senior Digital Project Manager
- Location: London SE1 (Waterloo)
- Core Function: Digital
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: £competitive
About the role.
Mediablaze is a growth-focussed digital marketing agency. We make brands grow by identifying opportunities to better connect with – and understand – their customers. Our goal: to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing at every point in the customer journey.
We are currently seeking a Senior Digital Project Manager to join our dedicated digital team and work directly with key clients to successfully coordinate and deliver engaging and effective digital products and website builds.
The Senior Digital Project Manager encompasses the commercially-minded aspects of a client-facing role who is in control of the project budget and resource allocation; combined with the project management at the core of their skill set who is comfortable and gets hands-on in a technical and product environment.
You will need to have some form of a technical background with a history of successfully delivering large-scale and high-quality projects that were designed to deliver real business results for your clients and solve complex technical challenges.
You will have a client service mindset at the heart of everything you do; getting to know the key stakeholders and their service providers inside-out. Internally, you will apply an agile project management method for products to deliver on time and within budget.
Equally as comfortable discussing time and cost estimations as you are with the detail of technical solutions, you will be working on a continuous pipeline of prioritised opportunities; each needing a blend of exploratortive, technical and commercial assessment before being presented back to the key stakeholders in the client teams.
Client Growth and Retention
- Responsible for the day-to-day activity of your key clients.
- Build client relationships with key personnel to understand their needs and help them realise the translation of these requirements across our service pillars – ensuring Mediablaze is always front of mind.
- Embed yourself in client organisations to build closer relationships with multiple stakeholders to champion the agency through all parts of their business.
- Extract pertinent information from your clients to construct a client-approved brief.
- Negotiate cost estimates & proposals to ensure that all projects and contracts are priced to generate acceptable profit for the agency, as well as forecasting revenues and agency costs.
- Be accountable for your revenue and profit contribution to the wider team, consistently delivering against client growth plans.
Immersed in Development
- Be highly effective in communicating complex technical processes and challenges to different audiences (Application and Development Teams through to board level).
- Learn the client’s applications and operating models to understand pain points, propose effective solutions and set the appropriate priorities.
- Work closely with your clients’ 3rd party providers to learn their applications and APIs.
- Become an expert in the models and methods employed within the websites and products Mediablaze creates for your clients.
- Quickly and efficiently diagnose internal application and external integration issues based on bug reports; being able to work independently to identify where issues have occurred and support your developer colleagues to aid their diagnosis and remedies.
- Be well versed with the principles of web infrastructure and the principles of Continuous Integration methods (version control, deployment processes / recipes, AWS tools).
- Be able to interrogate APIs using Postman to evaluate integrations, define user stories, write coherent proposals and brief developers around these interactions.
- Be able to diligently write coherent user stories to support test and behaviour driven development (e.g. Gherkin syntax) and control the project scope / MVP.
- Successfully onboard clients following signed contracts to ensure they have the best service experience with Mediablaze.
- Be as comfortable creating detailed delivery timelines in Gantt chart format as you are managing a backlog and sprint plan to ensure that all work is delivered in line with client expectations, ensuring they have full transparency at all times.
- Educate clients on standard operating procedures, ensuring that a collaborative relationship is built from the beginning.
- Ensure that all project and retainer work is budgeted and planned within the agency’s finance and resourcing software.
- Working with your team of experts, help to facilitate discovery and insight sessions with clients to understand their objectives and how we will measure and achieve these.
- Successfully manage relationships between internal teams and client stakeholders, always ensuring client expectations are realistic and met by the Mediablaze team.
- Work with multi-disciplinary practitioners within the studio to ensure all work is being delivered on time and on budget (developers, designers, content creators, etc)
- Able to perform the role of a scrum master delivering projects in an agile methodology.
- Ensure that your internal resources are planned accordingly in line with your delivery timelines or sprint planning.
- Ensure that all 3rd party costs are planned accordingly in line with your delivery timelines, and each supplier has a PO allocated to them.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to continuously improve our tools, processes and work practices to ensure the agency is always working as efficiently as possible.
- Build contact reports and ensure all members of the team are informed and aware of project deliverables.
Guardian of Excellence
- Consistently demonstrate your passion for driving client service excellence and delivering the best work possible.
- Ensure that the agency is delivering high quality work that delivers real business results for your clients, ensuring you are able to prove strong ROI.
- As an expert in your client’s business, you will monitor and review the quality of all work that is created to ensure that you’re happy that it meets the strategic goals of your clients and delivers on their expectations / SOW.
- Champion the importance of recording processes, logic flows, rationale and working documents within the agency Wiki application (Confluence).
- Speak with authority and passion to clients, and become a powerful advocate for Mediablaze’s service offering and why our pillars of content, platforms and performance are critical to driving business results.
- Present the agency’s full offering with confidence in front of clients.
- Run and manage client presentations and pitches as necessary.
- Keep abreast of developments in the world of digital marketing, sharing best practice with the internal team and clients.
- Monitor the emergence of new platforms and technologies and how these deliver on the every changing demands of the CMO.
- Consistently prove to clients and the agency that you are an expert practitioner in the conception and delivery of technical solutions / digital development.
- Contribute to the process to win new business with existing and new clients.
- Work closely with the wider team to create proposals for inbound enquiries.
- Use your existing relationships to identify opportunities for the agency.
- Act as pitch support on large scale RFI’s and RFP’s to help organise and manage the teams requirements where necessary.
- You will already have 5+ years of experience either in a development or technical project management role that is client-facing within an agency environment.
- Ideally have a background as a developer or software engineer.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Proven track record working with key clients within the digital marketing space.
- Proven track record of delivering large-scale and complex digital solutions.
- Proven track record of presenting to client decision makers.
- Proven track record of winning and retaining clients through building relationships and meeting – and exceeding – client needs.
- An understanding of business and client strategy.
- A desire to work in a close knit, highly successful team with clear accountability.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment with excellent organisational skills.
- Bags of energy, dedication, commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
Work environment and annual leave.
At Mediablaze we take our work seriously and back this up with a strong agency culture. Our newly fitted out and spacious base at The Print Rooms, Union Street, London (which we’ve missed during lockdown!) provides a flexible, fun and entrepreneurial environment.
Working hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm (designed to soften the blow of the London commute before the changes imposed by lockdown measures).
On occasion, when we need to meet a tight deadline or pitch for an exciting new opportunity, we’ll burn the midnight oil, but we certainly don’t make a habit of it. And with plenty of coffee, tea, biscuits and a beer / wine fridge in our kitchen, it’s easy to go that extra mile with a passionate team of like-minded individuals.
You’ll get 25 days per year of annual leave, including the closed office days between Christmas / New Year. Plus the UK Public Holidays on top obviously. This allowance runs to the calendar year and is pro rata’d for mid-term appointments. An additional day is granted for each completed year of service (up to a total cap of 28 days per annum). We have a flexi-time policy in place and you won’t work your birthday with us.
How to apply.
To apply for the role, please share your CV with: [email protected]
Important note to recruiters.
Bless you hard working recruiters out there but we’re not opening this role up to you on this occasion. Advertising this role is not an opportunity for you to try a speculative approach. We will only listen to direct approaches from prospective candidates.