- Job title: strategist
- Location: London SE1 (nr Waterloo)
- Function: strategy
- Reporting to: senior strategist
- Salary: £competitive
About the role.
At Mediablaze, our mission is to help brands unlock growth by identifying barriers in the path to purchase and, using experimentation and creativity, to rapidly turn them into scalable solutions. As a strategist, you take a key role in this process.
Joining the dots. You distill insights from disparate research, trend reports, interviews, conversations and workshops into digital recommendations and strategies for our clients. You understand business, marketing, content and media and the strategic pressures of our clients. You are equally comfortable planning and running workshops with senior stakeholders as you are interviewing and observing people to gather insight.
Working closely with the strategy, content and performance teams, and reporting to our Head of Strategy, you will play a vital role in delivering both long-term strategies and growth tactics for our clients. But you’ll also have the confidence & credibility to assist in the running of new business pitches and inspire both colleagues and clients with your ideas and vision.
The current roles and responsibilities are outlined below. As the business evolves, we expect these to change and develop.
- Convert client-articulated requirements, briefs, thoughts and problems into strategically sound digital and content proposals
- Utilise appropriate methodologies to undertake consumer, brand and sector research that provides specific insights for projects and pitches
- Work closely with data specialists to bring together qual and quant to uncover relevant, actionable insights
- Monitor strategies on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fully implemented by the content delivery team & implement changes to ongoing strategies based on data and client feedback
- Keen focus on our client’s business objectives ensuring that our strategies and recommendations are measurable
- Identify growth opportunities for our clients and feed into our agency’s growth marketing stream clients.
- Plan and facilitate focused workshops with large groups of stakeholders, e.g., to gather requirements, plot customer journeys or map out content across a customer life cycle
- Work closely with other disciplines including editorial, UX, design, tech, performance and data to ensure the products we build are in line with our strategic recommendations
- Work with the creative team to bring concepts and ideas to life
- Work collaboratively on pitches, proposals and other new business outputs
- Speak with authority and passion to clients, and become a powerful advocate for digital and content marketing
- Provide insight into what type of content works on various social / digital platforms
- Monitor the emergence of new platforms and technologies
- Keep abreast of developments in the world of content marketing, sharing best practice with the internal team and clients
- Have experience of working as a strategist or digital planner in an agency environment
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of how great content can drive commercial objectives for clients
- Demonstrate a holistic understanding of performance tactics, from SEO to paid media amplification and their role in customer journeys
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of creativity, from proposition design to campaign activations
- Really understand social media and how it fits into the digital mix for clients
- Stay abreast of developments & innovations in the sector and act as an internal champion for new platforms and emerging technologies
- Understand the importance of data in defining and reshaping user journeys and goals
- Be a team player who can guide content creators (writers, filmmakers, illustrators)
- Be confident, passionate and articulate – particularly in pitches and client meetings
Work Environment & Annual Leave
Mediablaze is based at WeWork (Stamford Street, Waterloo, London) – providing a relaxed, flexible and entrepreneurial environment. The working hours of the agency are 9.30am to 5.30pm (designed to soften the blow of the London commute). On occasion, we dig deep collectively to meet a deadline or close an exciting new opportunity, but we don’t make a habit of it – but with plenty of coffee, tea, snacks and beer available it’s easy to go that extra mile with a passionate team of like-minded individuals.
The role is given 25 days per annum of annual leave, including the closed office days between Christmas / New Year and excluding UK Public Holidays. This allowance runs to the calendar year and is pro rata’d for mid-term appointments. An additional day is granted for each completed year of service (up to a total cap of 28 days per annum).
Who are Mediablaze & Who do we work with
We are an award-winning digital marketing agency with unrivaled editorial expertise, we create connected customer experiences that help brands grow. We were founded in London in 2010 by a group of editors, publishers and digital evangelists who saw that technology was reshaping the way people relate to brands. As part of the Hearst network, we offer integrated capabilities and global reach specialising in strategy, content, creative, tech, SEO, PPC, media and data.
Our clients include household names and globally recognisable brands including the likes of Volvo, Jaguar Land Rover, Timberland, Sofa.com, Speedo, Shiseido to name but a few.
How to apply.
To apply for the role, please share your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]