- Job title: marketing manager
- Location: London SE1 (nr Waterloo)
- Function: marketing
- Reporting to: chief digital officer
- Salary: £competitive
About the role.
Mediablaze is a world-leading digital agency with unrivalled content marketing expertise. Founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands, we use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences that help brands grow.
Responsibilities include digital marketing, PR, media relations, executive communications and event management, all aimed at raising awareness of Mediablaze and with the ultimate aim of generating inbound leads.
- Create and execute Mediablaze’s PR strategy, including but not limited to industry award entries, client wins and major company announcements.
- Create and manage a calendar of events including roundtables (x 4 per year) and our own hosted events
- Ensure that senior team at Mediablaze are put forward for thought leadership contributions in relevant marketing publications and speaking opportunities both at external marketing events and broadcast opportunities.
- Creating and executing Mediablaze’s marketing strategy in order to drive lead generation and awareness among tier-1 B2B and B2C brands.
- Increase awareness of Mediablaze as a thought leader, providing marketers with authoritative information and advice to help them become better marketers.
- Own and implement our own Content Marketing Strategy, working closely with the client services and content strategy team to ensure that content on our blog, in emails, and on social is aligned to sales objectives.
- Work with our social lead to plan and manage content for Mediablaze’s social platforms, ensuring they are used effectively for awareness and lead generation.
- Generate analytics reports and effectively tweak email, content, and social strategy based on analytics.
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using predetermined KPIs.
- Set and administer the annual marketing budget with direction from the Finance Director.
- Provide tools and materials to enable the sales team to function effectively, including up-to-date agency credentials and case studies.
- Implement client satisfaction research studies
- Enhance Mediablaze’s presence on Clutch and the RAR platforms
- Reading our industry daily digest and emailing or LinkedIn messaging one potential new client per day with a targeted introduction
- Capturing all lead generation and digital marketing activity in our CRM where possible
- Connecting with relevant senior marketers on LinkedIn, both on behalf of yourself and the Mediablaze CEO and CDO.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, identify new business opportunities.
- Speak with authority and passion to potential clients and become a powerful advocate for Mediablaze’s service offering and why our pillars of content, platforms and performance are critical to driving business results.
- Present the agency’s full offering with confidence in front of both potential and existing clients.
- Keep abreast of developments in the world of digital marketing, sharing best practice with internal teams and clients.
- Monitor the emergence of new platforms and technologies and how these deliver on the ever-changing demands of the CMO.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Minimal of 3+ years experience within an agency or media owner in a marketing and/or PR capacity.
- An established track record in managing successful marketing and content campaigns from ideation to production.
- Experience of managing events
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using A/B testing, Google Analytics, or similar reporting methods.
- Ability to lead, organise and prioritise multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- Proven experience working closely with sales teams to aid in quality lead generation.
- A clear understanding of how great content can drive commercial objectives for B2B and B2C brands.
- A desire to work in a close-knit, highly successful team with clear accountability.
- Bags of energy, dedication, commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment with excellent organisational skills.
Work Environment & Annual Leave
At Mediablaze we take our work seriously. We also take having fun at work very seriously. We’re based at WeWork (Stamford Street, Waterloo, London) – providing a relaxed, flexible, fun and entrepreneurial environment, with numerous coffee machines, table tennis and foosball tables and the legendary, and frankly underused, beer and cider taps on the 1st floor. With plenty of breakout areas and cubbies to stash yourself within work hours around the office, we encourage our teams to work in a way that suits them best.
Our core working hours are 9.30am to 4pm and we’ve recently introduced flexible, working which means you can plan your working week around your life. For example, start and finish earlier or start at 9.30 and make up time in the evening. On occasion, when we need to meet a tight deadline or pitch for an exciting new opportunity, we’ll burn the midnight oil, but we certainly don’t make a habit of it. And with plenty of coffee, tea, biscuits and those free beer and cider taps on the 1st floor. it’s easy to go that extra mile with a passionate team of like-minded individuals.
You’ll get 25 days per year of annual leave, including the closed office days between Christmas / New Year and excluding UK Public Holidays. This allowance runs to the calendar year and is pro rata’d for mid-term appointments. An additional day is granted for each completed year of service (up to a total cap of 28 days per annum).
Who are Mediablaze & Who do we work with
We are an award-winning digital agency with unrivalled editorial expertise, we create connected customer experiences that help brands grow. We were founded in London in 2010 by a group of editors, publishers and digital evangelists who saw that technology was reshaping the way people relate to brands. As part of iCrossing’s digital marketing network, we offer integrated capabilities and global reach specialising in strategy, content, creative, tech, SEO, PPC, media and data.
Our clients include household names and globally recognisable brands including the likes of Fidelity, Everyone Active, Sport England, Volvo, Sofa.com and Shiseido, to name but a few.
How to apply.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter to: