London’s fastest-growing content marketing agency is looking for a head of business development to drive revenue and growth within our UK business.
Could it be you?
- Job Title: Head of Business Development, Mediablaze Group
- Location: London, UK.
- Core Function: Business Development and revenue generation
- Reporting To: Managing Director
- Salary: £competitive
Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
We have recently announced an exciting partnership with Hearst-owned global digital marketing agency iCrossing, that will see us utilise iCrossing’s data expertise and audience insight as a cornerstone of creating brand content strategies. You can read more here.
Head of Business Development
We are seeking a dynamic Head of Business Development to play a key role in the acquisition of new clients, retention of current clients and the development and execution of Mediablaze’s commercial marketing and PR strategy.
As Head of Business Development you will be accountable for the acquisition and development of new business within Mediablaze. Working closely with the Board of Directors, as well as the Client Services team, you will also provide a strategic approach to how we service and grow our clients.
You will also be responsible for making the business development process a visible and valued part of Mediablaze, as essential as functions such as content strategy, editorial excellence and digital development.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for delivering a strategy that generates new business leads and provides existing clients with insight and inspiration around content marketing, ensuring Mediablaze is always front of mind as their preferred agency partner.
Business Development & External Marketing
- Generate new business opportunities; always seeking new revenue streams through utilising your industry relationships and your understanding of marketing trends
- Equally, and in conjunction with the senior management team, identify new business opportunities within targeted verticals and/or areas of agreed focus
- Qualify incoming new business leads by being the first point of contact for prospective clients before allocating them to the client services team
- Manage the follow up on all new business meetings, moving the discussions to the next positive step
- Ensure the key members of the Mediablaze team are engaged in and informed about the new business process as necessary
- Create and execute Mediablaze’s commercial marketing strategy in order to drive lead generation and awareness amongst tier-1 B2B and B2C brands.
- Support the client service team to develop and implement commercial plans that identify incremental revenue opportunities and secure long term contracts.
- Receive and manage key client briefs to ensure the optimisation of their budget; taking immediate responsibility, in conjunction with other Directors.
- Support client presentations and pitches as necessary with advice, materials, fresh content and collateral.
- Contribute to client on-boarding plans as necessary to ensure clients are established and set-up for success from the start.
- Build strong case studies that encompass the full service of the Mediablaze Group and provide best in class examples to current and new clients
- Ensure that Mediablaze’s website is always up to date with relevant case studies and the blog is delivering regular thought leadership content
Strategy, Leadership & Execution
- Operate as a knowledge leader in the content marketing space and be able to explain the Mediablaze Group offering and in-turn recommended strategies and solutions in a simple and engaging way
- Improve agency productivity through coaching, regular constructive feedback, process improvement and effective leadership
- Carry out responsibilities independent of support and direction from line manager, to a level of professionalism and quality that does not through fault require line management involvement to improve or correct
- Take a highly proactive approach, demonstrating initiative to be one step ahead of the business’ needs
- Establish a ‘business development mission’ for the agency to work for, and a vision for them to work towards; ensuring that they understand the goals and they are aligned with the business
- Inspire and motivate people through words and actions, to the extent that the team will look-up to, admire and follow you
- Own the challenge of New Business Development and evolve the process behind it
- Proven track record in business development, achieving ambitious revenue targets.
- Previous through the line experience operating at a senior level within a marketing or agency function, with particular focus on content marketing.
- In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and digital disciplines (including audience identification and analysis, targeting, experience design, digital production, and online analytics).
- Experience of managing projects with Tier 1 brands.
- An understanding of business and client strategy.
- A desire to work in a close knit, highly successful team with clear accountability.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Bags of energy and dedication.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team to generate revenues.
- Commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
We offer 25 days of holiday per year. The office is usually closed during the Christmas period, this time will be taken from your holiday allocation.
Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30. However, the nature of the job requires a degree of flexibility, with the possibility of evening and weekend work as well as international travel. While we endeavour to be fair and reward hard work, we expect that these additional hours will be worked without any further remuneration.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]
Mediablaze is the content marketing agency for the modern world. We are experts in the art of storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide content specialists.
We were founded in 2010 by a group of editors, journalists and publishers who saw that social media is reshaping the way that people relate to brands. And for over four years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to giving those brands a consistent tone of voice – as well as something interesting and relevant to say. Every day.
We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting, challenging way we can think of spending our time.