London’s fastest-growing content marketing agency is looking for an Editor-in-chief to drive strategy execution and organisational change for our technology clients.
Do you have what it takes?
- Job Title: Editor in Chief, Mediablaze Group
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Reporting To: Managing Director, UK
- Salary: £competitive
Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
We have recently announced an exciting partnership with Hearst-owned global digital marketing agency iCrossing, that will see us utilise iCrossing’s data expertise and audience insight as a cornerstone of creating brand content strategies. You can read more here.
Editor-in-chief – Technology
Mediablaze’s Editor-in-Chiefs are responsible for carrying out the vision of turning brands into publishers. The newly created role, Editor in Chief – Technology, will work with some of the world’s most prominent technology companies to develop and execute global strategies, whilst helping them drive organisational transformation to evolve at the same pace as customer expectations.
Working directly with the client services team you will identify new business opportunities through your network of contacts in the technology industry. You will proactively identify challenges and opportunities for clients, turning these into new briefs for our content strategists and managing editors to execute. You will become a trusted partner, providing ongoing strategic counsel and consultancy for Mediablaze’s key technology clients. You will assist them on their journey of turning their customers into fans.
Content Champion, Strategic leadership and Business Development
- Lead the development of the Technology vertical within Mediablaze.
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities through utilising existing relationships within the technology sector.
- Be the content champion of the Technology vertical within Mediablaze – attending events (such as CES, MWC); staying close to trends and maintaining your own voice within the sector.
- Work alongside the Managing Director and Head of Business Development, attending new business meetings to provide invaluable insight and point of view to help potential technology clients meet their goals.
- Build relationships with key client-side personnel to understand their needs and help them realise the translation of these requirements to the content marketing space – ensuring Mediablaze is always front of mind.
- Working alongside the client services team you will be responsible for the creation and approval of all new business briefs before they are submitted to internal teams for response.
- Provide strategic direction and input in all new business proposals, advising the client services team on potential cost estimates to ensure that all contracts are priced to generate a good profit for the agency.
- Working alongside the senior leadership team, you will be a key figurehead in all new business pitches.
Client Onboarding & Advocacy
- Facilitate discovery and insight sessions with clients to understand their objectives within the content marketing space and evaluate existing structures, workflows, governance and capabilities.
- Help run content strategy workshops with clients to ensure there is a seamless transition and a well executed onboarding process to the agency.
- Advise on strategic elements of existing and new content marketing programs for clients, ensuring they are set up for long-term success.
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel and consultancy for Mediablaze’s key technology clients.
- Ensure that the content promise of the initial proposal is delivered consistently when the project goes live.
- Speak with authority and passion to clients, and become a powerful advocate for content marketing.
- Monitor the emergence of new platforms and technologies.
- Keep abreast of developments in the world of content marketing, sharing best practice with the internal team and clients.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- 5+ years editing / publishing a market leading brand in the technology sector.
- A large network of client contacts across the technology industry.
- Familiarity with the digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- A clear understanding of how great content can drive commercial objectives for B2B and B2C technology clients.
- Experience with interpreting data and the deployment of tools to measure and enhance the content marketing process.
- In-depth understanding of social media and how it fits into the digital mix.
- Bags of energy and dedication with a desire to make a real difference for clients.
- Commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
We offer 25 days of holiday per year. The office is usually closed during the Christmas period, this time will be taken from your holiday allocation.
Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30. However, the nature of the job requires a degree of flexibility, with the possibility of evening and weekend work as well as international travel. While we endeavour to be fair and reward hard work, we expect that these additional hours will be worked without any further remuneration.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]
Mediablaze is the content marketing agency for the modern world. We are experts in the art of storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide content specialists.
We were founded in 2010 by a group of editors, journalists and publishers who saw that social media is reshaping the way that people relate to brands. And for over four years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to giving those brands a consistent tone of voice – as well as something interesting and relevant to say. Every day.
We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting and challenging way we can think of spending our time.