Job title: Data & Insight Analyst
Group location: Waterloo, London, UK
Core function: Provide actionable insight & analysis to help brands grow
Reporting to: Head of Content
About the role
Mediablaze is a world-leading digital agency with unrivalled editorial expertise. Founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands, we use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences that help brands grow.
In an ever-changing digital landscape, our clients are asking us to deliver intricate insight into who their audiences are, and how they are interacting with their brand across multiple digital channels. As Data & Insight Analyst you will be required to provide analytics-based recommendations that inform new business pitches, content and social strategies, ongoing content creation, the development and optimisation of personalised digital experiences, and recommendations to amplify content through paid media activity.
Versed in performance marketing, you will champion the performance pillar of our agency offering, leveraging the partnership between Mediablaze and iCrossing, and you’ll be accountable for defining and implementing digital insight capabilities for our clients. Through the development of automated dashboards, you’ll provide actionable insights that improve performance across all digital marketing activity.
Data & Analytics Strategy
- Understand what data is required to plan and optimise brand experience plans that deliver against business objectives; proven to create value.
- Create the data framework and process to facilitate the design and build of online dashboard reports to address key business questions for clients.
- Determine the best method of communicating business trends, brand analysis, and analytics insights to clients to ensure more data-led conversations.
- Advise clients on how they can utilise data management platforms to draw insights and utilise data more effective and efficiently.
- Carry out competitor reviews across social, digital & content marketing to inform new business pitches and strategy deliverables.
- Developing KPI frameworks that clearly track content, social and digital KPIs that align with project / campaign goals & business objectives.
- Confidently present and participate in client planning sessions, meetings and presentations.
- Support the content and strategy team by delivering quality output reports and insights based on their requirements.
- Generate customer insight to aid the development of personas and user journeys.
- Through the development of automated dashboards, provide insight-based recommendations for the content and digital teams to continually optimise and improve campaign performance.
- Present actionable insights, marketing performance and ROI to clients in an easy-to-digest format with confidence and authority.
- Lead content distribution strategies, realising campaign objectives by identifying the right tactical mix in order to target the right people, at the right time, in the right place.
- Help develop and refine our insight proposition to clients to ensure we are delivering world-class services.
- Keep abreast of new initiatives and platforms that add value and expertise to our agency and clients business.
- Working closely with iCrossing’s paid media team to provide recommendations to existing and new clients to integrate performance initiatives that drive business outcomes and excellent ROI.
- Oversee the development and implementation of paid media plans for social, native & video campaigns.
- Build targeted audiences & advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Content discovery platforms & Adwords.
- Build & implement tracking, data capture & measurement plans – implementing GA tracking, UTM frameworks, FB pixel, FB custom audiences
- 3+ Years working in a data analyst and/or insight role within an agency.
- Strong understanding of web analytic tools (such as Omniture, Google Analytics,
- WebTrends, and Coremetrics) and online advertising tools (like AdWords, DART/DoubleClick, Atlas, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads).
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools, such as Google Data Studio and Tableau.
- Experience of social media monitoring and research tools, proprietary survey tools and industry standard tools (e.g. Pulsar, Brandwatch, SimilarWeb, Hitwise, Buzzsumo etc).
- Experience in building & implementing paid media campaigns across social, native, search and video.
- Detailed knowledge of Facebook marketing and the Business Manager platform.
- Experience of developing and implementing tracking plans using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager tracking frameworks.
- Experience building live dashboards and automated reports
- A strong understanding and experience of performance marketing strategy (including attribution modelling) & key tactics – PPC, SEO, Email, Social & Programmatic
- Experience with integrating marketing automation & content personalisation tactics in content marketing & digital campaigns.
- Advanced use of Excel (pivot tables, charts and graphs, macros, formulas and functions (LOOKUPS), filtering)
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and thoroughly to prioritise and complete tasks under multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen are a must, along with the ability to be detail- and deadline-oriented while managing multiple projects.
- Bags of energy and dedication with a desire to make a real difference.
- Commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
- Excellent presentation skills.
We offer 25 days of holiday per year (excluding bank holidays). Additional day added for every year of service up to 28 days. The office is usually closed during the Christmas period, this time will be taken from your holiday allocation. This will be pro rata pending length contract.
Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30. However, the nature of the job requires a degree of flexibility, with the possibility of some evening and weekend work. While we endeavour to be fair and reward hard work, we expect that these additional hours will be worked without any further remuneration.
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
- Company bonus incentive & away weekend
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free beer and cider post-4pm every day (plus G&Ts & Prosecco on Fridays)
- Monthly social events
- 5pm finish on a Friday for staff Drink ’n’ Learn presentations
- Extra day off on your birthday
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]