Job Title: Content Strategist, Mediablaze Group
Group Location: London, UK
Reporting To: Editorial Director
Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
Mediablaze’s Content Strategists are responsible for creating and executing compelling content strategies for tier-1 brands. The content strategist is firmly responsible for creating strategies that deliver against a client’s content marketing objectives.
You will be a highly intelligent creative thinker with meticulous planning skills and an appetite for refining briefs and interpreting data in order to tell clear stories that help brands win followers and create engaged communities.
Working closely with our team of managing editors, writers and designers you will help build editorial frameworks for effective content production, bringing the content strategy to life.
- Facilitate discovery and insight sessions with clients to understand their objectives within the content marketing space and evaluate existing structures, workflow’s, governance and capabilities.
- Lead content strategy workshops to define a long-term plan of action that key client stakeholders can sign up to.
- Prepare audits of client’s existing content and their key competitors through qualitative research and data driven insights to inform initial recommendations and updated guidance on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the editorial team to clearly define tone of voice for brands.
- Work closely with insight teams and clients to develop clear audience personas for brands.
- Work with the creative team to bring concepts and ideas to life.
- Working with client services and editorial, help build internal teams to ensure that the management and production of all content meets clients objectives and delivers against the strategy that you created.
- Collaborate with Mediablaze’s content creation teams to provide guidance and advice on style, mix of topics, mix of content structure, formats, and frequency where required.
- Working closely with clients, develop tailored metrics that will help measure the success of content marketing programs and prove return on investment.
- Continually evolve content strategies with a test and learn approach; what platforms, topics and formats are driving audience growth and conversion vs those that are not delivering against expectations.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Senior editorial / publishing / strategy experience in the financial services sector.
- Familiarity with the digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- A clear understanding of how great content can drive commercial objectives for clients.
- In-depth understanding of social media and how it fits into the digital mix.
- Experience with creating and interpreting data to help define and reshape user journeys and goals.
- Be a team player who can guide content creators (writers, filmmakers, illustrators)
- Be confident, passionate and articulate – particularly in pitches and client meetings.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]