Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
- Job title: content strategist
- Location: New York, USA
- Website: www.mediablazegroup.com
- Reporting to: country manager, USA
- Salary: £competitive
The content strategist role
Mediablaze’s content strategists are responsible for creating and executing compelling content strategies for tier-1 brands. The content strategist is firmly responsible for creating strategies that deliver against a client’s content marketing objectives.
You will be a highly intelligent creative thinker with meticulous planning skills and an appetite for refining briefs and interpreting data in order to tell clear stories that help brands win followers and create engaged communities.
Working closely with our team of managing editors, writers and designers you will help build editorial frameworks for effective content production, bringing the content strategy to life.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Create content strategy proposals for new business pitches.
- Facilitate discovery and insight sessions with clients to understand their objectives within the content marketing space and evaluate existing structures, workflows, governance and capabilities.
- Lead content strategy workshops to define a long-term plan of action that key client stakeholders can sign up to.
- Prepare audits of clients’ existing content and their key competitors through qualitative research and data driven insights to inform initial recommendations and updated guidance on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the editorial team to clearly define tone of voice for brands.
- Work closely with insight teams and clients to develop clear audience personas for brands.
- Work with the creative team to bring concepts and ideas to life.
- Working with client services and editorial, help build internal teams to ensure that the management and production of all content meets clients objectives and delivers against the strategy that you created.
- Collaborate with Mediablaze’s content creation teams to provide guidance and advice on style, mix of topics, mix of content structure, formats, and frequency where required.
- Working closely with clients, develop tailored metrics that will help measure the success of content marketing programs and prove return on investment.
- Continually evolve content strategies with a test and learn approach; what platforms, topics and formats are driving audience growth and conversion vs those that are not delivering against expectations.
- Speak with authority and passion to clients, and become a powerful advocate for content marketing.
- Monitor the emergence of new platforms and technologies.
- Keep abreast of developments in the world of content marketing, sharing best practice with the internal team and clients.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- 5+ years of working as a strategist or digital planner in an agency, publisher or brand marketing environment.
- Familiarity with the digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- A clear understanding of how great content can drive commercial objectives for clients.
- In-depth understanding of social media and how it fits into the digital mix.
- Experience with creating and interpreting data to help define and reshape user journeys and goals.
- Be a team player who can guide content creators (writers, filmmakers, illustrators)
- Be confident, passionate and articulate – particularly in pitches and client meetings.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]
Mediablaze is the content marketing agency for the social age. We are experts in the art of storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide content specialists.
We were founded in 2010 by a group of editors, journalists and publishers who saw that social media is reshaping the way that people relate to brands. And for over four years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to giving those brands a consistent tone of voice – as well as something interesting and relevant to say. Every day.
We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting, challenging way we can think of spending our time.