London’s fastest-growing content agency is looking for a lead content designer to work alongside our alarmingly talented content team. The successful candidate will be be adept in the art of visual storytelling.
- Job title: lead content designer
- Location: Oval, London office
- Website: www.mediablazegroup.com
- Function: content production
- Reporting to: editorial director
- Direct reports: TBC
- Salary: £competitive
The lead content designer role
Mediablaze Group is seeking a Lead Content Designer to work in its London office. We are looking for a team player who will work well within a multi-disciplinary team of specialists, in particular with digital designers, UX and UI, filmmakers, and photographers.
This is a vital role for the agency as we continue to grow and expand our offering. The candidate will sit alongside the digital lead designer and as a team work collaboratively to deliver the best creative work across digital platforms. They will complement each other and as a team sign off all creative work that leaves the agency.
As lead content designer you will sit within the creative department but a majority of your focus will be creatively supporting the editorial teams and filmmaker to deliver a range of content types from films, photoshoots, social posts, long from and short form editorial features, infographics etc.
Key roles and responsibilities
The current roles and responsibilities are outlined below. As the business grows, we expect these to change and develop.
- Alongside the Lead digital designer responsible for the final delivery of all content that leaves the agency. Ensuring creative excellence.
- Creating briefs and liaising with our team of designers and developers to deliver outstanding creative content
- Present work and articulate creative executions at senior client level
- Effectively manage relationships with key client contacts
- Managing projects from initiation to completion
- Frequently assessing and re-assessing project priorities
- Planning and delivering projects to detailed, clearly defined time plans
- Leading regular project stand up meetings with teams
- Managing client expectations and communicating effectively with all stakeholders
- Support the both the Clients Services Director and Group Editorial Director on a day to day basis in the preparation of proposals as new requirements come in
- Assisting with key pitches and presentations
- Being responsible for projects from inception to delivery working with our team of designers, developers and wordsmiths.
Skills and experience
- You must have experience of working in a multidisciplinary team in an agile development environment. At ease with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.
- Substantial experience of content design for the web.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team in an agile development environment. At ease with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.
- An exceptional command of written English.
- Confident in explaining decisions to stakeholders who don`t understand web usability or user centred design.
- Strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation, illustration and animation
- A broad understanding of marketing design and layout will also be expected
- The ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and visual concepts
- The confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to the needs of clients
- A passion for content creation and digital storytelling
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy
- The resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- High level IT skills in the latest art and design packages
- A good awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms
- An innovative approach to the media and the ways in which advertising is carried
- Working closely with the copywriter to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil the client’s brief;
- Producing and assisting in producing scam storyboards to communicate ideas to the client;
- Commissioning photographers, artists or film-makers to work on projects;
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually
- Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use
- Develop the overall look or style of a publication, or video production
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and video work developed by staff members
- Talk to clients to develop an artistic approach and style
- working with account teams to develop detailed budgets and timelines
- Present designs to clients for approval
- editing the final results for presentation to the client.
- Introducing and applying expert art direction to the visual elements of creative projects
- Ensuring a high standard of visual execution across all media and campaigns
- Inspiring and motivating the agency’s clients to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive visual work
- Reviewing the work of designers and providing direction and feedback
- Taking ownership of the visual elements of creative work for new business pitches
- Uncovering new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into campaigns.
- Will have at least 5 years experience in a fast paced creative agency
- Experience using Agile project management techniques a huge plus
- Be comfortable working with designers
- Will understand the need for cross platform solutions and in particular the role of how digital can enhance a piece of content
- Have an expert and informed opinion about the digital marketplace and deliver compelling arguments to design challenges
- Keep up to date with the latest design innovations and online trends
- Have a positive and passionate approach with a can-do attitude
- Encourage, motivate and support other team members
- Provide, and often lead, useful contributions to team meetings and conversations
- Be thoughtful and constructive during presentations and critiques
- Produce clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Be able to work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines (very often handling multiple projects at the same time)
The lead content designer will report to the editorial director.
We offer 25 days of holiday per year, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28. The office is usually closed during the Christmas period, this time will be taken from your holiday allocation.
Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30. However, the nature of the job requires a degree of flexibility, with the possibility of evening and weekend work as well as international travel. While we endeavour to be fair and reward hard work, we expect that these additional hours will be worked without any further remuneration.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]
Mediablaze is the content marketing agency for the social age. We are experts in the art of storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide content specialists.
We were founded in 2010 by a group of editors, journalists and publishers who saw that social media is reshaping the way that people relate to brands. And for over four years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to giving those brands a consistent tone of voice – as well as something interesting and relevant to say. Every day.
We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting, challenging way we can think of spending our time.