Mediablaze is a world-leading strategic content marketing agency founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands. Our approach is to use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences – and help brands to embrace an agile, test-and-learn approach to content marketing.
- Job title: account director
- Location: New York, USA
- Website: www.mediablazegroup.com
- Reporting to: country manager, USA
- Salary: £competitive
The account director role
We are seeking a dynamic account director to oversee, nurture and continue to build the business within our US office. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and deliver powerful content marketing solutions for tier-1 brands.
As account director, you will be responsible for owning and growing relationships with Mediablaze’s largest clients; anticipating and addressing their needs, overseeing contracts and budgets and delivering new business growth.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activity of key accounts.
- Lead senior-level client conversations, identify client need and agency opportunities, and grow client relationships.
- Generate new business opportunities; always seeking new revenue streams through utilising your industry relationships and your understanding of marketing trends.
- Building client relationships with key personnel to understand their needs and help them realise the translation of these requirements to the content marketing space – ensuring Mediablaze is always front of mind.
- Run and manage client presentations and pitches as necessary.
- Provide strategic leadership across the agency, you’ll be passionate about driving client service excellence and delivering the best work possible.
- Receiving and managing key client briefs to ensure the optimisation of their budget; taking immediate responsibility.
- Negotiating cost estimates & proposals to ensure that all projects and contracts are priced to generate a good profit for the agency, as well as forecasting revenues and agency costs.
- Responsible for P&L, contract creation and SOW’s with new and existing clients with support of the country manager.
- Relationships between internal teams and key client stakeholders will need to be managed seamlessly, always ensuring client expectations are realistic and therefore met by the Mediablaze team.
- Provide the framework and process to manage large clients and projects in an environment that’s fast-paced, deadline-oriented and always-on.
- To present Mediablaze and our strategic vision to clients with high degrees of gravitas, managing up across all client stakeholders from CMO’s to Social Media Managers.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Minimal of 5+ years experience within an agency or media owner in a client services and/or sales capacity.
- Proven track record working with global corporate clients.
- Experience of managing large content and creative projects with Tier-1 brands.
- Proven track record of presenting and managing up across all client stakeholders from CMO’s to Social Media Managers.
- Proven track record of winning and retaining clients through building relationships and meeting – and exceeding – client needs.
- An understanding of business and client strategy.
- Experience with interpreting data to measure and enhance the content marketing process.
- A clear understanding of how great content can drive commercial objectives for B2B and B2C clients.
- A desire to work in a close-knit, highly successful team with clear accountability.
- Bags of energy, dedication, commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment with excellent organisational skills.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your CV and tell us why you think you’re right for the role – [email protected]
Mediablaze is the content marketing agency for the social age. We are experts in the art of storytelling. Not a PR agency that’s doing social on the side or ad agency that’s hired a few word monkeys – but bona-fide content specialists.
We were founded in 2010 by a group of editors, journalists and publishers who saw that social media is reshaping the way that people relate to brands. And for over four years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to giving those brands a consistent tone of voice – as well as something interesting and relevant to say. Every day.
We’re not doing it because it pays the bills (though that helps), we’re doing it because it’s the most creative, exciting, challenging way we can think of spending our time.